This week's news, plus a little visual inspiration

Just a little update on where I'm at with things...

1) It's official... PITY ISN'T AN OPTION is now available for purchase on Smashwords!!! YAY! Smashwords has the following formats available: epub, HTML (online reading format), PDF, RTF, LRF, Palm Doc, and Plain Text. It should also be arriving in Apple and Barnes & Noble's ebook "catalogs" soon--I will let you know when they're available! In the meantime, feel free to check it (and the free sample) out on Smashwords, and spread the word. :)

2) My facebook author page is officially up and running. This week I'll be posting a few excerpts from PITY ISN'T AN OPTION, from both Hattie and Jonas' point of view.

You can find me here.

If you have an author page, feel free to direct me to it in the comments!

3) Starting next week, I'll be posting a 3-part series on the story behind PITY's cover, in which I will share my experience with the whole ebook cover process. The end result turned out great, but there were a few kinks at first (and one of them was quite costly)!

4) I've added tabs to my blog. Haven't figured out how to remove the sidebar stuff yet, so that's the next step. It'll be fixed soon. But if you're interested in an excerpt, I have one up on the "book" tab. :)

And now for the visual inspiration: In PITY, Jonas talks about birds, and Hattie deals with cotton. I love visuals when I'm reading about something I don't know much about, so I thought I'd share my Pinterest PITY ISN'T AN OPTION board with you guys. :) Enjoy!

Be blessed,

Jessica

4 comments:

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Ooh, it's a book! I'm just checking it out now. Congratulations on your release, Jessica!!

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Thanks, Katrina! YAYYYYY! :)

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Wow, the description is even better than I thought from the previous tidbits I've read on your blog! Just bought a kindle copy. Hugs! What are you doing to celebrate?

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Well thanks, friend! :) And nothing, actually! Hope you like it! Have a blessed week!